I met the wonderful people of Mr. Singh’s at the BBC Good Food Eat Well Show and purchased their Hot Punjabi Chilli Sauce and their Hottest Chilli Sauce and featured them in my post from the show. They’ve since been in touch with me and kindly asked whether I’d like to try some other sauces from their range so I’m going to do a few recipe posts over the next few months incorporating their sauces as much as I can as they really are delicious.
This first recipe was a ‘it’s Sunday night there’s no food in the house’ one but I’ve made it again and again since as it’s so quick and easy, the fact that it can be made with ingredients you’ve probably got in the house at all times makes it even better.
I’ve gone for their Hot Punjabi Chilli for this recipe which has a kick but isn’t too hot; if you’re not fond of spicy meals then their Mild Chilli Sauce works perfectly too. I’m not a big meat eater so I’ve used Quorn fillets but chicken will work just as well.
Makes 8 wraps
6 Quorn fillets
10-15 cherry tomatoes
1/2 jar Mr. Singh’s Hot Punjabi Chilli Sauce*
8 tortilla wraps
Preparation – 5 minutes || Cooking – 25 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Place the Quorn fillets on a baking tray and into the oven and cook for 15 minutes
3. Dice the onion, 1/2 of each pepper and quarter 10 of the cherry tomatoes
4. Pour a little oil into a pan and leave to heat, then add the onion, pepper and tomatoes to the pan and cook until soft
5. Remove the Quorn fillets from the oven (after they’ve been cooking for 15 minutes) and cut into strips
6. Add the Quorn strips to the pan along with the Hot Punjabi Sauce and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes
7. Whilst simmering cut the remaining pepper into strips and the last few tomatoes into quarters
8. Divide the mixture into 8 and put a bit in each wrap, top with some of the raw peppers and tomatoes, wrap and enjoy!
Let me know if you have a go at making these, I’d love to see pictures. Have you tried any of Mr. Singh’s Sauces before? What is your favourite?