A couple of weeks ago I went to stay in a gorgeous country cottage in Wells, Somerset for the #PLBSlumberParty. It was such a relaxing weekend away, we only left the cottage once over the weekend – to buy more wine, oops. On Saturday night we all made chocolate brownies with a little bit of a twist – Chocolate Brownie Cups, it’s all about the presentation for us bloggers so we made them in muffin cups and decorated them with marshmallow fluff and sprinkles, we also included Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips in the mixture to give them a nutty taste.
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients:
Makes 12 cups
185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar
283g bag Reeses Peanut Butter Chips
Preparation – 20 minutes | Baking – 25 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 160c.
2. Break the chocolate into small chunks and place in a bowl over a pan of hot water along with the butter. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl and add the caster sugar, mix with an electric whisk until smooth, thick and creamy. Add the melted chocolate to this mixture and fold together, try to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
4. Gently fold the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture until all the ingredients are combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes, check that a skewer or knife comes out clean to ensure they’re thoroughly cooked.
6. Decorate as you wish, we used marshmallow fluff as icing and sprinkled sugar confetti.
Please send me your photos on Twitter (@AmiRoseBlog) if you have a go at making these, I would love to see them.