10 Reasons To LOVE Autumn

Suffering from the end of summer blues? Here’s ten reasons to snap out of it and start loving Autumn, and yourself. Although from my Twitter feed, I think you’re all looking forward to Autumn just as much as I am. It may be because we haven’t really had a summer but my gosh I can’t wait for cosy jumpers, early nights and plentiful sweet treats to become acceptable. What are your favourite things about Autumn?

10 Reasons To Love Autumn

1. More pamper time – you get home, it’s dark and all you want to do is get in your PJs and snuggle. Make the most of it, put a face mask on, paint your nails, have a long relaxing bath.

2. Candles – I know I love burning candles throughout the year but there’s something about Autumn/Winter that sees my candle collection diminish. It’s part of my winter evening routine, get snug then light a relaxing candle. I tend to burn festive scents such as ‘Winter Spice’ by Yankee and they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

3. Chunky knits, hats, scarves – I feel the cold so badly and love putting on a chunky knit with a pair or black jeans or woolly tights along with every winter accessory I could possibly imagine.

4. Dark lips and rosy cheeks – I either go drastic or barely there, there’s no in-between for me. I love a dark plum lip with a natural eye look or a completely natural look with a rose blush and a nude lip. I love how make-up looks change with the seasons.

5. BATHS – I know I mentioned this earlier but it’s a love of it’s own. I have sooooo many baths in the colder months and I love to use as many products as possible and light a million candles. I especially love using my Westlab Epsom Salts* to detox my body whilst relaxing in the bath.

6. Movies – Autumn/Winter is when you need a Netflix subscription, although I do find Netflix does slack in movies. I tend to rewatch all of my favourites, mainly Disney, along with a lot of rom coms, sorry Sam. Oh, and I’ve almost watched the entire 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls in the last few weeks.

7. Autumn nail looks – Deep reds, burnt oranges, mustards, browns, deep greens, ahhh I can’t wait for the Autumn colours to be released. Hurry up BarryM, I need more Speedy Quick Dry in my life.

8. Starbucks – Cliche right but I don’t drink anywhere near as much Starbucks as I do in the summer. I love to have a warm drink to stroll around town with and keep my hands warm. Although I do tend to order a Green Tea rather than any of their fancy ones.

9. Pumpkins and Fireworks (and the run up to Christmas) – Autumn has the best holidays. Sam and I always go the extra mile with our pumpkins and try and go to each and every firework display. Mittens, sparklers, toffee apples, mulled cider, you cannot beat the atmosphere at firework displays.

10. PUDDING, or dessert, whatever – This one needed emphasising, someone tell me why we need apple and blackberry pie, scones, brownies and sticky toffee pudding in Autumn? I’m not sure whether I love the baking or the eating the most but expect to see lots of sweet treats on the blog in the next few months.

I hope this has got you in the mood for Autumn, I’ve certainly enjoyed writing it!

Until next time,

Ami Rose Blog Bristol Blogger Signature

Be sure to follow me on social media to keep up to date with my latest posts!
Share:

29 Comments

1. 16th September 2016 / 12:22 pm

I love Autumn so much, can’t wait to have more lush baths, always go mad in Lush around this time of year! also love going for the darker nail polishes too x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

2. 16th September 2016 / 3:20 pm

Autumn is my all time favourite time of year. I can’t wait to spend more time indoors looking after myself and avoiding the cold 🙂

My favourite things about autumn include cosy jumpers and halloween!

Alice | Whiskey Jars Blog

3. lex
    22nd September 2016 / 4:22 pm

super 10… don’t experience the weather over here but you brought it down here for me with this post.

4. 22nd September 2016 / 5:42 pm

Those are some really lovely things to do in the cooler weather. We are heading into summer so autumn is a long way away for me. Actually, we don;t really have autumn here, certainly not like colder places anyway.

5. Megan Ogden
    22nd September 2016 / 8:53 pm

Yes girl! I love the Fall time! I can’t wait to pull out my sweaters and boots!

6. 22nd September 2016 / 10:06 pm

Aww, now I’m starting to look forward to these things. It’s still pretty warm here and I’m waiting for the leaves to change.

7. Elizabeth O.
    23rd September 2016 / 8:58 am

There are so many reasons to love this season! I love everything about it, from the colors to the food. I am happy that I have an excuse to wear boots all the time as well. Oh, and dark colored lippies!

8. 23rd September 2016 / 12:18 pm

I’m most excited for chunky knits! Can’t wait to buy a new scarf and hat set 🙂

9. 23rd September 2016 / 3:06 pm

I love the darker, bolder colours that come with autumn.

10. 23rd September 2016 / 4:34 pm

Autumn is my favourite season so i agree with all of these!

11. 25th September 2016 / 2:49 pm

I am such a sun worshipper but I am also so ready for autumn, I love the evenings of painting your nails in your favourite pyjamas and catching up on all the tv programmes. This feels so right to do when the weather outside is a little cold, wet and dark.

12. 25th September 2016 / 3:10 pm

There is not one thing on this list that I don’t like! Bonfire night is my favourite night of the year and I can’t wait to spend my evenings snuggled up in a cosy chunky knit 🙂

13. 26th September 2016 / 2:29 pm

I love the shades of autumn. Now you give me such wonderful things to enjoy during the season.

14. 26th September 2016 / 9:14 pm

Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year but this summer I had way to much fun, so letting go of summer and the mangoes for a bit hard for me. But glad it’s getting cooler these days.

15. 26th September 2016 / 9:49 pm

Absolutely love autumn apart from everything you said is also Halloween season. 😀 x

16. Kristen
    27th September 2016 / 12:21 am

Yes yes yes! I agree with all of these. I love fall and the ability to lounge in comfy clothing, with candles going, while watching a good movie!

17. 27th September 2016 / 1:06 pm

I agree! I especially love movie marathons with snacks and cozy socks when it’s colder out.

18. Kiara
    27th September 2016 / 1:07 pm

I’m all about Starbucks, fall candles and doing all the fall things (pumpkin picking, fall festivals, etc.)

19. Neely Moldovan
    27th September 2016 / 7:15 pm

Cliche or not lattes from Starbucks taste better in the fall!

20. 28th September 2016 / 2:09 am

Love the nails and love this list! So excited for this season!

21. Keating
    28th September 2016 / 5:22 am

I love my comfy sweaters and dark nail colors. I just transitioned to my deep red and purple polishes and it was legit the most exciting thing ever haha this is easily my favorite time of year.

xo, Keating | Mimosas and Manicures

22. 28th September 2016 / 3:09 pm

Yes! I can totally relate to the candles. Fall candles make any home complete for the fall!

23. 28th September 2016 / 9:42 pm

Oh girl Starbucks is enough to love anything! Love this post! I can’t wait to try bold colors on my lips & nails to celebrate. And what’s not to love about pudding!?

24. 29th September 2016 / 3:56 pm

Oh, I so agree with you! There are so many great things related to autumn! It will still be warm here this weekend but after that it will begin 😀

25. 30th September 2016 / 2:27 am

I LOVE autumn, the atmosphere is just so warm and cozy. I love to light candles, cuddle up with a fuzzy blanket and drink a warm tea.

La Belle Sirene