As much as I love Winter, I can’t help but long for the warmer, Spring/Summer months. But there really are so many ways to love Winter, and I’m hoping these Winter Blues Tips will help. I always say, there’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing, be prepared and what’s not to love? I work in my local Post Office on a Wednesday and throughout the Winter, customers come in moaning about the cold and rain, then the same customers come in in the summer moaning about the heat and longing for rain to clear the air. Really? I love to wind people up by saying how gorgeous the weather is when it’s pouring with rain or blowing a gale. Their faces say it all. But why can’t we love the wind and the rain as much as we love the sun?
1. One of my favourite things to do in the Winter is to go on a walk. Especially in the crisp, frosty mornings or just as the sun is setting in the evening. There’s nothing quite like it. And Milo loves it too. Just wrap up warm and explore. It’s sometimes hard to drag myself out into the cold but I’ve never regretted it.
2. Snuggle in bed with a cup of tea, naughty treats and your favourite movie. Just escape. Sam and I watched Pan the other night and we’re planning on watching Tarzan tomorrow, I’m loving these new/re-releases at the moment. We watched Interstellar in the cinema when it was released and both loved it, I’m looking forward to watching that one again too.
3. Pamper. Run yourself a warm bath and relax. I always add Westlab Epsom Salts to detox my body and a LUSH Bubble Bar. My favourite at the moment is Candy Mountain, such a gorgeous, sweet scent. If I’m feeling extra ‘meh’ I’ll put a face mask on too, and maybe even a hair mask.
4. Exercise. I know this probably isn’t one of the Winter Blues Tips you wanted to hear, but it works. Over the Winter/Christmas period, I eat so much. It’s pretty ridiculous really but I’m sure I’m not speaking for myself here. I hate the idea of exercise but I feel amazing afterwards, it can be a walk like mentioned above, a Yoga session or a more intense workout. Whatever works best for you.
5. Have a clear out. Call me crazy but I could spend an entire Sunday tidying, and absolutely love it. Winter is a perfect time to go through your clothes/make-up/everything else as you’re spending more time indoors. I get all my summer clothes ready, plan outfits and get rid of almost an entire wardrobe that I’ve never worn (I’ve just taken two bin bags to the charity shop). I really want to give a Capsule Wardrobe a go once we’re all settled into our house, I only wear a handful of items anyway. Tidying makes me feel organised, motivated and ready for the days ahead. You know what they say, tidy room tidy mind. That’s 100% true in my case.
Have you got any Winter Blues Tips to add to these?
Until next time,