Well this week has flown by hasn’t it. Have you had a go at making any of the Valentines themed treats so far? I ended up making the Chocolate Fudge Brownies again this week, I just couldn’t resist. The last recipe for Valentines Week is these Pink Rice Krispie Treats. Another simple 10 minute recipe that requires very few ingredients.
Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients:
Makes 8 treats
150g rice krispies
100g white chocolate
Pink food colouring (optional)
Any filling of your choice (extra marshmallows, sprinkles etc.)
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooling: 1 hour
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until fully melted.
2. Add the rice krispies to the pan and continue stirring until the rice krispies are covered by the marshmallow mixture. Add your pink food colouring.
3. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in any filling of your choice (if any). I used a few leftover sprinkles from my Chocolate Brownies.
4. Grease and line a baking tin and press your mixture firmly into the tin. I found wetting a metal spoon helped stop the mixture sticking when pressing it into the pan. Leave to cool for an hour.
5. Melt your chocolate by putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds then stirring until fully melted. Drizzle this over your rice krispie treats, leave to harden then cut into squares.
I’m already looking forward to having another go at these Rice Krispie Treats!
Until next time,